Change and transformation is much easier said than done. It’s easy to change something about yourself for a short while, for a day or two but to change who you are or how you see yourself is a much harder proposition. Think about who you are today what changes you know deep down that you need to make to be a happy healthier person. In this blog about change and transformation you will be given a short list of tools that can help you start the journey to being the you that you have always wanted to be.
Here are ten action steps for continued, lasting change and transformational growth.
- Reflect. Look at your life, situation or circumstance today. Take time to see the lessons in your journey and then move on to greater heights.
- Accept yourself and love yourself. Live for today. Your life is happing right now, this is who and how you are. Decide that you love yourself no matter what.
- Take Ownership. Be honest with yourself and take responsibility for all that you are doing and not doing (good and bad), and the effects your actions have on others and yourself (good and bad).
- Identify Areas of Opportunity. What are you doing that is not serving your greater good? What steps could you take today to change that?
- Make a Decision. Make the decision to do the work and to make the change(s) you’ve listed. Draw up a contract or agreement so you can hold yourself accountable for reaching your goals.
- Learn, Copy, Keep, and Repeat. Learn about the change that you want to make. Copy the behaviors of people that you admire, keep the behaviors that feel good to your soul, and discard any that don’t. Repeat the change until it becomes second nature
- Create a Plan to Meet Your Goals. Measure your outcomes to stay on track. Goals are not written in stone. Review them daily and make adjustments as you go. Reward yourself for achieving milestones that bring you closer to your goal. Don’t wait for the finish line to celebrate your achievements.
- Do it, Achieve It, and Be It. Take daily actionable steps toward your goals. Recognize behaviors that support you, make a note, and discontinue any actions that are counterproductive.
- Forgive Yourself. Change does not happen overnight. It takes at least twenty-one days to change a habit, so be patient and kind to yourself during your transformation. Forgive yourself when you have setbacks and move forward. Show yourself magnificent self-love every day and reward yourself for even the smallest of accomplishments.
- Reflect Again. Make note of where you started and how far you have come. Do this every few hours, every few days, or every month… whatever supports your journey.
Qutoe of the day
Without reflection, we go blindly on our way, creating more unintended consequences and failing to achieve anything useful.
My hope is that you found another reason to love yourself and others. If you would like more you can purchase my book for a special discounted price at https://karaadams.com/gem18. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, as an added bonus I have included a link to my FREE happiness survey https://karaadams.com/happiness-survey/.
Please leave your questions and thoughts in the comments section below.