Hidden Treasure Cancer Foundation was created to support families that have been touched by cancer. It was inspired by my own experiences as a breast cancer survivor. My name is Kara Adams and I was diagnosed on May 3, 2016 with stage one, type two, triple positive breast cancer. At the time my son was 6 years old and my husband and I had been married for 9 years. I was scared to death of the diagnoses and I had no idea how I was going to support my family and take care of my young son. Cooking meals, doing homework and trips to the doctor’s office were all more than I could bear. I was blessed that I had a support system that could help me with all of the things that I couldn’t do for myself or my family. I learned very quickly through talking to other cancer patients that there was a need for family support that was not being filled. Families dealing with cancer needed support, sometimes they needed money but more often than not they needed a helping hand. At the Hidden Treasure Cancer Foundation that is what we provide.
Hidden Treasure Cancer Foundation Provides the Following Services to Families Touched by Cancer:
- Sponsor FUN activities to give the family some relief from the challenges that they are facing in their day to day lives.
- Deliver meals and groceries when the family can’t find the time to cook or shop
- Provide rides to and from doctor visits
- Provide tutoring resources for school age kids
- Coordinate shopping trips for school supplies and clothes
- Provide presents to kids during the holidays and birthdays
"Our goal at the Hidden Treasure Cancer Foundation is to show the family that there is life before, after and during cancer treatments. That there is purpose to everything that happens and that there can be joy and peace even in the hardest
Hidden Treasure Cancer Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization: Tax ID# 83-2624362